Come out and enjoy an evening of fun and racing with your friends at Splash & Dash. Splash & Dash is a unique event with a relaxed atmosphere that is suitable for all levels of athlete. Whether fine tuning for that big race or getting your feet wet at your first multisport event, Splash & Dash is the place to be!
1. In order to keep the number of people onsite to those that need to be there, we respectfully request NO SPECTATORS. We will have photographers on course, and at the finish to capture your race day.
2. FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN BY ALL ATTENDEES AT ALL TIMES. A disposable mask will be given to you at registration and should be worn to the start line. You may remove your mask and place it in the trash
can at the start line right before you are directed to enter the water. Face masks will be available at the
finish line and should be put on immediately.
3. Please adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times
4. Hand sanitizer stations throughout venue
5. Results will be posted online at the conclusion of the event
6. Upon finishing, please remove your own timing chip and place it in the buckets of bleach. Masks will also be available at the finish line and should be put on as soon as possible after finishing. After you are done please gather your belongings and proceed to your vehicle. Have a safe drive home and thanks for racing with us
Swim 1500m / Run 5km
Swim 750m / Run 5km
Swim Only 1500m
Swim Only 750m
Splash & Dash begins and ends at the Special Event Ramp, on the north side of the lake between Mill and Rural.
Swim 750m (1 loop) or 1500m (2 loops)
Please note there is no water stations on the run course. Bottle water will be available at run out
CLICK HERE for water temp.
$40 until April 14th at 11:59 p.m.
$45 until April 28 at 11:00 a.m.
$55 Late registration (includes sales tax)
Please note that race day registration may not be available if event sells out
Splash & Dash is sanctioned by USA Triathlon (USAT), the governing body of multisport in North America. One of the many roles played by USAT is that of insurance provider for this race. As such USAT requires that every participant be either (1) an annual member and provide proof of membership at packet pick up, or (2) purchase a one day membership at packet pick up. All participants must show I.D. at registration. Please note that Splash & Dash is sanctioned as a clinic and results will not count toward USA Triathlon rankings.
4:30 p.m. Packet pick up and late registration at race site
6:00 p.m. 1500m Open water swim & 1500m Splash & Dash begins
6:05 p.m. 750m Open water swim & 750m Splash & Dash begins
Splash & Dash is timed using equipment by RFID Timing Systems. All participants need to wear a timing chip around their ankle. Results will be available live at the results kiosk on a big screen TV.
Splash & Dash adheres to USA Triathlon guidelines for wetsuit use. Wetsuits may be used when the water temperature does not exceed 78 F.
CLICK HERE for water temp.
All Splash & Dash races are held at the Special Event Ramp, on the north side of the lake between Mill and Rural. Parking is available at Tempe Town Lake Marina and limited parking is available at Lake View Dr under the 202.
In order for Tempe Town Lake to host a full body contact event the pH of the water must be 9.0 or below, as required by Maricopa County. An increase in pH is caused by an abundance of algae in the lake typically caused by an increase in the temperature and little to no movement of water through the lake. If the pH does not meet this standard Splash and Dash will be cancelled. Furthermore, should there be 1/5 of an inch of rain within 24 hours of Splash & Dash the event will be cancelled. In the event of cancellation all registrations will be either refunded (less any online processing fees) or transferred to a future Splash and Dash at the discretion of the individuals involved.
If you are interested in volunteering for this or any other event please contact email@example.com
For information on sponsorship and having a booth at this event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org