12 Hours of Fury
The 12 Hours of Fury will test your body, mind and mountain biking skills. Beginning and ending at The Four Peaks Staging Area in McDowell Mountain Regional Park the 15 mile loop is smooth, fast and fun. The most loops in 12 hours wins it!
Solo single speed male
Solo single speed female
Solo masters (60+) male
Solo masters (60+) female
Duo male single speed
Duo female single speed
Duo coed single speed
Quad male single speed
Quad female single speed
Quad coed (requires at least one female team member)
Quad coed single speed (requires at least one female team member)
Awards are three deep per category.
Begin at Four Peaks Staging Area
Shallmo (1.7 miles, double-track)
Left onto Pemberton (0.4 miles, double-track)
Right onto Granite (2.2 miles, double-track)
Right onto Lariat (1.5 miles, single-track)
Right onto Pemberton (3.3 miles, double-track)
Left onto Escondido (6.0 miles, single-track)
Prior to 11:59 p.m. July 31
Prior to 11:59 p.m. September 30
Prior to 11:59 p.m. October 31
Prior to 7:00 p.m. November 17
No charge for any changes that need to be made to teams.
McDowell Mt Cycles
Single Speed Coffee
No moving into Four Peaks Staging Area until 8 a.m. Friday.
4:00 p.m. Packet Pick Up at the Four Peaks Staging Area opens
6:00 p.m. Packet Pick Up at the Four Peaks Staging Area closes
7:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up at the Four Peaks Staging Area opens
9:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up at the Four Peaks Staging Area closes.
9:15 a.m. Athlete meeting
10:00 a.m. The 12 Hours of Fury begins
5:15 p.m. Headlights illuminated
7:00 p.m. Camp fire and s’mores
10:00 p.m. The 12 Hours of Fury finish
10:15 p.m. 12 Hours of Fury Awards
RACE TIMING & RESULTS
This event will be chip timed by 4 Peaks Timing. Timing chips will be fixed to the reverse side of your race number. Times will be posted live to web every 5 minutes and will be available to view immediately at the results kiosk adjacent to the exchange tent. Duo and quad teams will be given a rubber ducky to be passed from team member to team member.
Neutral bike support by Bicycle Ranch.
Shower facilities are available at competitive trailhead and Pemberton trailhead
Vassago Cycles will be onsite with demo bikes
Single Speed Coffee will be onsite
1. Soloists and teams have from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. to complete as many laps as possible. Laps completed after 10:00 p.m. will not be counted.
2. Race numbers must be forward facing and displayed at all times.
3. Please overtake with care and communicate to the slower rider. Slower riders please yield.
4. One rider per team on the course at a time.
5. Rider exchanges must be made in the exchange tent.
6. Each athlete riding between 5:15 p.m. and the finish must have a front light with two to three hours of battery life.
7. Each team that starts this race will be given a lap count and time in the results regardless of when they finish. Winners are the individuals and teams that complete the most laps in the fastest time before 12 hours has elapsed.
PARKING & CAMPING
Camping is available at the Four Peaks Staging Area. Parking and camping will be on a first come first serve basis. Entry fee to McDowell Mountain Regional Park is $6/day non campers or $12/night for those camping (includes park entry). If possible please have exact change to expedite the entry process.
For information on sponsorship and having a booth at this event please contact email@example.com